Basic white bread in bread machine

The best way to test new bread machine is to bake basic white bread. And I did just that with my Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso BB‑PAC20.

Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso BB‑PAC20 basic white bread sourdough movement.com
Basic white bread in Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso

I have tried their basic  bread recipe a couple of times (see below) and found it a bit too sweet.

img_3147

So, made a few adjustments and must admit the bread came out very tasty.

• 1 1/3 cups of warm water
  • 4 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp of sugar
  • 2 tsp of salt
  • 3 tbsp of olive oil
  • 2 1/2 tsp of instant yeast

Put all ingredients in the order they are listed and a couple of hours later you will have a freshly baked, bakery like loaf of bread.

img_3142
Basic white bread in Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso

The result is truly good, mainly because the crust is excellent and bread has a rich flavor.

The downsides would be that sometimes a loaf will come out lopsided (to fix that I had to make sure the dough is evenly distributed before baking begins) and two kneading blades in this machine means the loaf will have two holes in it (to fix it – ake the kneading blades out of the machine before it goes into the “bake” cycle).

25 Comments Add yours

1. A_Boleyn says:

Looks more than just ‘basic’. Congrats on the new bread machine. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Javy Dreamer says:

Those are awesome, sadly they don’t last long. Not because they get spoil or anything, they last quite a while. It’s just that we eat them quick😉

Liked by 1 person

1. Javy Dreamer says:

How’s the loaf size on that machine? Mine is a 2 pound but it seems they are really high so I end up cutting them in half. That’s probably part of why we don’t do as often a lot of work to get the loaf cut to slices.

2. Zojirushi Home Bakery Virtuoso makes horizontal 2-lb. loafs. They are not as tall as in other bread machines I have used. I would say it looks more like a bakery sized loaf.

Liked by 1 person

3. Javy Dreamer says:

Noce!

3. Mary Albers Felkins says:

I like the changes…half the sugar and use of olive oil rather than butter. Have you tried honey? I make a slightly sweet whole wheat bread using honey and olive oil that is wonderful!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thanks you! I use honey for the whole wheat bread as well, the taste is indeed great!

4. Rini says:

Good stuff. And no preservatives. 😀

Liked by 1 person

5. Looks like you’re enjoying that new bread machine.

6. witchspotion says:

Hey . I have planned on starting a bake off a way to collab with different bloggers on a weekly basis. Would you like to become a part of this collab . It’s a great way to spread word about you blog and to get more readers to read you post.
    If you accept I will send you the details.

1. witchspotion says:

Could you send me your email so I could contact you.

7. That looks delicious! I really need to start making bread again. I’ve never made it completely in my bread machine, but I do use it to mix, kneed and proof.

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Making bread in the machine is very simple and really requires almost no effort:) I use my machine to mix, kneed and proof as well. And sometimes bake, just to make it faster and have fresh bread when I come back home from work.

Liked by 1 person

8. witchspotion says:

Hello. I m having a weekly feature on my blog. Would you like to collaborate.

9. Bernadine says:

This looks really good, plus it’s delicious so thanks a lot! Please follow my blog at https://baking781.wordpress.com/. Thanks! It would really help!😀

Liked by 1 person

10. Bernadine says:

P.S. You’ve got another follower😎

Liked by 1 person

1. Bernadine says:

You’re very welcome! You’re bread looks delicious! Thank you for following and I look forward to looking at more of your recipes!! 🙂😄

Liked by 1 person