My husband is Italian and he would all the time encourage to cook some pizza. So, with my new bread maker we did just that – baked pizza alle patate and pizza alle cipolle.
I used the recipe below from Zojirushi book that came together with machine. My husband doubled checked the recipe on Italian websites and approved the ingredients and amounts 🙂
Just add all ingredients to bread machine and set it to dough function.
For 2 bigger pizzas: divide the dough into 2 balls, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 20min; place one of the balls on the parchment paper (spread some olive oil on top of it) and using rolling pin make it into circle or square; use fork to make wholes in the dough.
For 4 smaller pizzas (12″ or 30cm): divide the dough into 4 balls, cover with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 20min; place one of the balls on the parchment paper (spread some olive oil on top of it) and using rolling pin make it into circle or square; use fork to make wholes in the dough.
The whole process takes about 2 -2,5 hours.
For pizza alle patate you will need some boiled potatoes, oregano and basil, mozzarella cut in cubes and prosciutto.
For pizza alle cipolle you will need ½ of big white onion – pour boiling water over the chopped onion to tone down the flavor. Some olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Place pizza dough in the oven for 5 min
- Take out the dough and place toppings:
- Pizza alle patate: mashed boiled potatoes, oregano and basil, salt and pepper
- pizza alle cipolle: onions, salt, pepper and olive oil
- Bake for 20 min, take out add mozzarella on the pizza alle patate
- 5min later or when the crust is golden, take out pizza from the oven and add prosciutto on pizza alle patate
- 2-4 min later the pizza will be done!