Bread and all its variations, so many recipes to be baked and tried!
This time I baked a simple yet extremely delicious bread with spinach and feta. These ingredients are timeless I would say and scream for success. Thus, once more very simple recipe.
- 3 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1 ½ tsp of instant yeast
- 1 tsp of salt
- Feta cheese 3 oz or 84gr
- Frozen spinach (half box or 5oz)
- Some olive oil for kneading
- Cut feta into small pieces
- Prepare spinach: add all the spinach, the salt, and pepper to the pot, toss it with the garlic and oil, cover the pot, and cook it for 2 minutes; uncover the pot, turn the heat on high, and cook the spinach for another minute, stirring with a wooden spoon, until all the spinach is wilted
- Mix spinach and feta
- Put water and flour in the machine and set it to dough cycle – just kneading. Cover your dough and step away from it for a half hour. This resting period is called an autolyse, and it allows our flour to hydrate more fully. Then add salt and yeast and mix it again. The dough is ready when it feels soft, springy and elastic. Clean the bowl, drizzle in a little oil, then pop the dough back in, turning it over and coating the sides of the bowl in oil. Cover with some oiled cling film and set aside in a warm place to double in size – this will take 1hr or more depending on your room temperature.
- Once the dough is read. Uncover the dough and punch it down a couple of times with your fist, knocking out all the air bubbles. Tip out onto a floured work surface and dust the top with a little flour too, if it is sticky. Roll the dough out to a rectangle. Cover dough in spinach and feta cheese. Roll the dough up from one of the longer sides, into a long sausage.
- Loosely cover with oiled cling film and leave to prove for 30 mins–1 hr until almost doubled in size again.
- Uncover the bread when it is puffed up. Bake in 375F on the middle shelf in the oven for 35-40 mins until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 10 mins.
Enjoy this tasty bread!