Black tea bread

Browsing through bread recipes I came across black tea bread recipe. It truly intrigued me and I decided to make one as well.

I have found a couple of different recipes. For example:

Untitled 1

I took a spin on this recipe and used:

• 1 cup of warm black tea
  • 1 1/2 tbsp of active yeast
  • 3 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 tbsp of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 3 cups of bread flour

I used Bigelow black tea, but for that matter any kind of tea can be used.

The bread came out very fluffy and soft. The tea gave some taste to it, but it was not overwhelming.

11 Comments Add yours

1. I usually add black tea to honey cakes, but I love the idea of using it in bread as well. Thanks for sharing! 🙂

2. B says:

You come up with the most interesting stuff! I have never, ever heard of tea bread before. What would you recommend serving with it?

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! We had it with butter and jam, but also I made some sandwiches with Swiss cheese and salami. The taste of black tea is really not too strong 😉

Liked by 1 person

1. B says:

Sounds amazing! I like how there’s sweet and savory options to pair it with.

Liked by 1 person

3. nancyruth says:

I though at first it was a black bread for serving with tea. Silly me! This sounds tempting because there are so many different teas out there.

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, there are so many teas 🙂 I have seen bread with green tea as well. It should be nice as well 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. nancyruth says:

I just might try something like this this week.

Liked by 1 person

4. 1partingredient9partslove says:

I love tea…gotta try this! Thanks for sharing:)
    XO
    Div

Liked by 1 person

5. elle says:

Black tea bread, beer bread, yogurt and oat bread…man I love your blog hahaha. Very neat! 😛

Liked by 1 person