Beer bread!

While browsing through bread machine recipes I found one on beer bread. I was truly intrigued and decided to make it as well.

So, beer bread:

img_1404

For ingredients I used:

img_1367

• 1 cup of beer (make sure it is not cold!)
  • 1 pack of active yeast
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp of brown sugar
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 4 cups of whole wheat flour

For beer I used a local beer from San Diego – http://www.stonebrewing.com/. For that matter any kind of beer can be used to bake bread. Never the less, Stone IPA beer gave a great taste to my bread.

Normally in  bread recipes beer is mixed with water, but I decided to experiment and use only beer. If you like to have a less intense beer flavor, mix it with water.

For this recipe I used a whole wheat cycle in my bread machine.

The result was a very tasty bread!

16 Comments Add yours

1. Kristy Rhine says:

Love Bread!! Your pics look amazing! Thanks for the 🙂 on my page and I want to make some of the breads you have posted! Yum!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! Your recipes look very tasty! looking forward for your future culinary adventures 😉

Liked by 1 person

2. Rowena says:

Beer! Brilliant! I will add some belgian trappist ale the next time it’s baking day. That should do the trick for an intense flavor.

Liked by 1 person

3. linsolo93 says:

Great recipe- will try by hand as I don’t have a bread maker. I will source a craft beer from London- loads of great ones to choose? Thanks for the like for my Irish Soda bread recipe on our blog taste2taste.com & enjoy baking & St Patricks Day

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you! I am sure you will find a great beer to choose from. Enjoy St. Patrick’s day!

4. lybbs says:

Brilliant post. Excellent instructions! Love the pics and my husband will be making your recipe tomorrow! I can’t wait! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! I hope it turns out good for you!

5. Anonymous says:

yummmm bread 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. Anonymous says:

not sure why my comment showing anonymous

Liked by 1 person

7. sorry about the Anonymous loool pc going crazy

8. pretty sure I need to make this! thanks!

Liked by 1 person